2 cups S&J Almond Flour
2/3 cup S&J Natural Almond Butter
4 tbsp ice cold water
1/4 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare crust, add almond flour and maple syrup to a large bowl, then cut in the almond butter with a fork until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drizzle cold water over the mixture and mix with a spoon until it starts to form a dough. Add cold water in tablespoon increments, starting with 2-3 and adding up to 4. The batter should be moist enough to form into a ball with your hands, but not too sticky.
- Place the ball onto an almond floured parchment paper lined surface and flatten into a uniform rectangle with your hands. Add another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough further.
- Carefully cut the dough into 6 equal parts (measuring to make as equal as possible) and carefully transfer them to the baking sheet. You can reuse the dough you did not use to make more squares.
- Place ½ tbsp of strawberry rhubarb preserves onto half of the squares you make, leaving a generous ¼ inch border to seal the edges. Then use your finger to dot water around the edges so the two squares stick together. Top the squares with a second dough square and then seal edges with a fork dipped in water, pressing indents around the perimeter of each pop-tart.
- Poke a few holes in the top of each and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on the top and edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow pop-tarts to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the pop-tarts cool, in a separate bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Once combined spread on cooled pop-tarts and top with sprinkles and enjoy!
- Store leftover pop-tarts in the fridge for 5-7 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving.