1 pound Strawberries; trimmed and cut into ¼ inch dice
1 tbsp S&J Balsamic Vinegar
1-3 tbsp light brown sugar; depending on how sweet you want the berries
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Stir together strawberries, balsamic vinegar, light brown sugar, and black pepper. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in basil and mint. Serve!
- Dip with crackers or pita chips.
- Top grilled chicken or fish.
- Spread slices of toasted baguette with mascarpone cheese and top with strawberry balsamic salsa.