Cheesy, garlicky, gluten-free, and keto-friendly! This oven-baked flatbread makes the perfect appetizer and is simple to make. Enjoy it plain or layer on the toppings! Don't forget the pizza dipping sauce!
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup S&J Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped basil (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Melt in the microwave in a series of short, 30-second intervals. After each interval, stir the cheeses until they are completely combined and melted. This should take around 1-2 minutes total, do not overcook.
- To the melted cheese, add the egg, almond flour, gluten-free flour, herbs, and salt. For best results, you will need to mix the dough with your hands until fully combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Allow the dough to cool slightly. Take the piece of parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Place the dough on the parchment paper. Wet your fingertips and pat the dough out, then place an additional piece of parchment paper over the top and roll out to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Place the dough and parchment paper on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, pop any large air bubbles if necessary, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the edges of the dough are golden brown.
- Garnish with basil and serve with pizza sauce for dipping.