A refreshing light pasta with a delicious Asian flair! This pasta salad is loaded with tender pasta, fresh veggies, sweet and juicy mandarin oranges, and topped with sliced almonds! Make this easy pasta salad in 30 minutes or less, and take it to your next picnic or potluck.
- 1 package (16 ounces) rotini pasta
- 4.5 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup S&J Natural Sliced Almonds
- ½ cup S&J Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- PASTA: Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl and immediately toss with 3-4 tablespoons of dressing (see next step).
- DRESSING: While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a bowl to whisk or in a mason jar to shake until combined.
- ASSEMBLE SALAD: Add the spinach, shredded carrots, cabbage, chopped red bell pepper, drained mandarin oranges to a large bowl with cooled pasta.
- DRESS SALAD: Toss all the ingredients together gently and then coat with the dressing to a desired amount. Top salad with sliced almonds.