- 3 ¼ cups S&J Almond Flour
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar plus ½ cup for coating
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs; lightly beaten
- Food coloring, optional for colored sugar coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, confectioner’s sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the beaten eggs. Mix until combined and dough forms.
- Put ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl.
- Optional: For colored confectioner’s sugar, divide evenly into three ziplock bags. Add a couple drops of food coloring into each bag and knead until the sugar is evenly coated. Add additional powder in ¼ tsp increments until desired color is achieved.
- Scoop dough into slightly rounded 1 tablespoon portions. Roll to coat in the confectioner’s sugar. Roll in palm, over the sugar bowl, to form a ball and remove excess sugar.
- Place 2” apart on the prepared baking sheet. With a finger, make a small indentation in the middle of each cookie to promote even baking.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes for soft cookies, or 14-15 minutes for crunchy cookies.
- Remove from oven and move the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one month.