- 1 tbsp S&J Olive Oil*
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- ¼ cup S&J Natural Sliced Almonds*
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add chopped shallots and sauté for about 1 minute, be careful not to burn.
- Add garlic and sauté for 20 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in rice and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add almonds and parsley; stir and fluff with a fork.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve and enjoy!